Information and guidance (All employees)
The information below aims to offer you advice and guidance and is based on current information published by Public Health England (PHE), including the what the Company is doing to protect our colleagues, customers and their families.
The Company is taking all necessary precautions with regards to traveling and meetings etc. To ensure we protect the health and wellbeing of all employees and also protect the day to day running of the business the following will apply:
You must let us know immediately if:
• You have returned from an affected country / area within the last 4 weeks
• You intend to / have booked a holiday / travel to any affected country outside of the UK. Travel to these countries will be at your own risk.
If you intend to travel to any affected country/area outside the UK (China, South Korea, Iran or parts of Northern Italy (as confirmed on the Home Office website) you do so at your own risk and employees need to be aware that the consequences may be that you will not be permitted to return to work for a period of 14 days following your return to the UK and that this 14 day period of self-isolation will be unpaid. If you become sick during the 14 days self-isolation you may be entitled to statutory sick pay if you meet the usual requirements. You will need to contact NHS 111 and our understanding is if they suspect Coronavirus they will provide an email verification of their advice.
If you are not entitled to sick pay during this period, you will not be paid. You may take this time as holiday, but this will need to be requested in the usual way. This is a fluid situation so you need to keep your Manager informed of any travel etc.
If you have returned from any affected area / country please ensure you follow the advice on the Government and NHS websites (www.gov.uk/guidance/wuhan-novel-coronavirus-information-for-the-public and www.nhs.uk/conditions/wuhan-novel-coronavirus).
How to avoid catching or spreading germs
(See notices posted around the site)
• cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
• put used tissues in the bin immediately
• wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
• try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
• clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces, remembering to keep your work desk clear of
clutter to allow effective cleaning by our contractors.
• Corona Virus can take up to 14 days to appear, to please remain vigilant of anyone who develops symptoms
and inform your Manager
• do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean