Important COVID-19 Government Update
Following the Government announcement on 23rd June 2020 and the further easing of the lockdown rules, you are advised that the Company has decided to continue, for the time being, with the 2m social distancing rules. This is the Company’s decision and is done to continue to do all we can to protect employees.
In addition, you are requested to continue to limit the movement around the site i.e. consider using the phone or email to get the information you need without going into separate workspaces. If you do need to go to see someone keep 2m distance at all times. If the person has their own office you may ask you to wear a mask to enter the office or stand in the doorway (if 2m distance is not possible).
As a reminder, if you feel unwell DO NOT COME TO WORK but contact you Manager in the normal manner. If the absence is because you are suffering flu-like symptoms you will be requested to get tested by following the advice previously circulated i.e. phoning 119. You will not be permitted to return to work without the results of the test being submitted to the undersigned.
To keep yourself and others safe, please follow the Government Guidelines issued 24th June 2020 summarised as follows and attached for information.
- Keep your distance from people outside your household (2m social distancing or 1m by taking other precautions listed below)
- Avoid face-to-face with people if they are outside your household (or support bubble).
- Keep your hands and face as clean as possible (wash your hands often using soap and water, use sanitiser outside your home)
- Keep indoor places well ventilated (heating and cooling systems can be used at their normal temperature settings)
- Avoid crowded spaces (you lower the risk of transmission by reducing the number of people you come into close contact with).
- Work from home if you can (you and your employer should discuss and agree working arrangements to best suit the needs of the business).
- If you have to travel think about how and when you travel (limit use of public transport or avoid peak times)
- Face coverings (face coverings do not replace social distancing it also does not prevent you from catching COVID-19 but are available to use should you be more comfortable wearing one).
- Avoid shouting or singing close to people outside your household or support bubble
- Reduce the number of people you spend time with in a work setting (reduce the number of people you come into contact with so limit movement around the workplace)
- Wash your clothes regularly (there is some evidence that the virus can stay on fabrics for a few days, although usually it is shorter).
- When at work or in business or public premises, follow the advice on site (wash or hands more frequently, limit movement around the site where possible and keep 2m distance).
If you have any questions please let me know.
Director of HR