Important Update For All Emloyees
24th September 2020
To all employees
Important Covid-19 Update
Recently, we communicated the incredibly difficult trading conditions created by the pandemic and the challenges we face daily.
These challenges have, unfortunately, resulted in a number of essential cost reduction activities. This requires all employees to play their part in carrying out their job to the best of their ability and as effectively as possible.
As you know, in recent weeks, we have been encouraging employees to return to the office on a more frequent basis and this, we believe, is a necessity for the business to operate as efficiently as possible. The announcement by the Government on Tuesday, 22nd September 2020, of ‘office workers who can work effectively from home should do so over the winter’, reiterates the point of the Company regarding efficiencies and effectiveness. This link provides the Government summary Coronavirus (COVID-19): What has changed – 22 September
In this regard Managers will be considering what, if any, additional Covid-secure measures can be added to the extensive measures already in place, to continue to keep employees safe. The Government have also said in their statement that ‘where an employer, in consultation with their employee, judges an employee can carry out their normal duties from home they should do so.’ Managers will consider any reasonable requests from employees who feel they have particularly mitigating circumstances that would justify working from home either on a part-time or full-time basis during the winter period.
As a business, we are committed to doing what we can to support employees through these unprecedented times, but we also need your support.
We have followed the Government guidelines carefully to create a Covid-secure workplace and work hard to maintain those measures already in place. You are, therefore, reminded that the success of these measures requires all employees to follow them without fail:
• There should be minimum movement around the site. NO unnecessary visits to other offices or using offices as a short cut to another area.
• Please do all you can to keep face to face contact to an absolute necessity i.e. consider if you can effectively deal with the matter over the telephone, via email or using video conferencing.
• If meetings are essential, where possible maintain a 2m distance and wear face coverings if such meetings are in enclosed spaces.
• Follow all the Covid-secure notices around the site and be respectful of the 2m distance.
• Wash your hands frequently using hand sanitiser stations.
• Non-essential visitors are NOT permitted to the site.
• Movement between the two sites should be restricted to essential travel only.
Additionally, remote workers i.e. Sales Managers and Service Engineers are advised to restrict face to face meetings and if they are essential ensure all PPE provided is worn and 2m social distance is maintained. If you need additional supplies of PPE please contact your Manager and these will be provided.
A further communication will be issued in the next few days regarding additional steps being taken in terms of a Covid-secure workplace (we are happy to consider sensible requests from employees), and further up to date advice on what to do if you are experiencing symptoms.
In the meantime, if you have any questions please direct them either to me or your Manager.
I would also take the opportunity to remind you of the Covid-19 web page to keep yourself up to date https://www.alamo-europe.com/covid19.
Thank you for your continued support throughout these challenging times.
Director of HR