National Lockdown - January 2021
5th January 2021
To all employees
Firstly, Happy New Year to you all and hope you had a relaxing Christmas break.
It was hoped we could start the New Year with some positive news but with the announcement of the Lockdown yesterday, it is only fair to say we are entering a very difficult phase in the fight against Covid-19. Consequently, in line with Government instruction, those who can work effectively from home will do so wherever possible.
We remain operational and again have a letter from the Secretary of State addressed to everyone working in the UK’s manufacturing sectors stating………. I want to be clear that, as before, the manufacturing sector remains essential, and therefore should remain open and operational to continue delivering the vital products and services which we all depend on. I also want to re-iterate that where it is essential to travel to get to your work or for the purposes of carrying out your work, you are able to do so.
This letter can be seen on the Company COVID-19 webpage using the link below.
We, therefore, need to continue to remain vigilant:
• Hands – wash your hands regularly and for at least 20 seconds
• Face – wear a face covering in indoor setting where social distancing may be difficult.
• Space – stay 2 metres apart from others even with extra precautions such as wearing face coverings.
• There should be minimal movement around the site. NO unnecessary visits to other offices.
• Follow all the Covid-secure signage and notices.
Additionally, please remember if you have symptoms, however mild:
• Stay home
• Phone your Manager or HR
• Get yourself tested and submit the results to me at which point further advice will be given.
We will continue to monitor the Government advice and update our procedures where necessary. We remain open to suggestions from employees to continue to provide a Covid-secure workplace.
Any questions please do not hesitate to contact me directly or your Line Manager.
Director of HR