New National Restrictions November 5th 2020
2nd November 2020
To all employees
New National Restrictions 5th November 2020
In the recent Government announcement regarding a lockdown period from 5th November – 2nd December 2020 it was advised again that Manufacturing is important to keeping the country running, therefore we will continue to operate as normal.
In our own communication on 24th September, 2020, we were encouraging employees to work more frequently from the office for operational efficiency reasons and whilst we believe this is still a necessity for the business as we navigate through these turbulent times, we also recognise that employees have their own concerns and therefore, Managers will consider any reasonable requests from employees who feel they have particularly mitigating circumstances that would justify working from home (if they can) either on a part-time or full-time basis over this lock down period.
- Those who are aged 70 or over or have underlying medical conditions (classed as clinically vulnerable) such as asthma, COPD, heart disease etc. are asked to exercise particular caution, follow all the Company guidelines and wash your hands more frequently.
- Those who are classed as clinically extremely vulnerable would have had a shielding letter March/April this year and these employees, we understand, may get another letter from the NHS again giving specific advice to individual circumstances. If you get such a letter, please provide a copy to me so appropriate advice can be given.
- Travel is still permitted for work but you are asked to exercise judgement on whether the journey, other than to your normal place of work, is essential and you must not travel if you are experiencing coronavirus symptoms.
- Overnight stays or holidays abroad or in the UK are not allowed during this lockdown period.
The management team will continue to review all the Covid-secure measures in place and will listen to any sensible suggestions from employees. In the meantime, please remember:
- Limit movement around the site. NO unnecessary visits to other offices or using offices as a short cut.
- Please keep all face to face contact to a minimum and maintain 2m distance.
- Follow all the Covid-secure notices and wash your hands more frequently.
Do not come to work if you have any of the 3 classic symptoms of Covid-19 – phone your Manager to inform and get appropriate advice.
Thank you for your continued support throughout these challenging times.
Director of HR